Diaspora and migration studies, south asian studies, intersection of literary and visual cultures, translation studies, popular culture, digital humanities
Rutgers Graduate Essay Award in Cinema Studies, 2017.
Rutgers Conference Travel Award, 2017.
Rutgers Excellence Fellowship, 2016.
1947 Partition Archive Story Scholar Fellowship, 2014-2015.
Jadavpur University Department of English Center for Advanced Study Fellowship, 2014-2015.
- “Finding Oneself On Board the Ibis in Amitav Ghosh’s Sea of Poppies.” WSQ: At Sea Volume 45, No. 1-2 (Spring/Summer 2017).
- “Teaching Shakespeare in Bengal” in Shakespeare in India: Criticism, Translation and Performance. Ed. Debayan Deb Barman (September 2016).
- “The Cyborg Prophecy: Reading between Asimov’s Lines.” Mejo: The MELOW Journal of World Literature (July 2016)
Reprinted as a chapter in the book Literature, Society and Politics: Selected Essays. Ed. Manju Jaidka and Manpreet Kang (February 2017)
- “The 'Woman' of the Crowd: Exploring Female Flânerie.” The Rupkatha Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities (July 2015)
- “The Body of the Condemned: Examining Gender Violence during the Partition in Manto’s Works.” Contemporary Literary Review of India (2015).